Nofima's Meat Pilot Plant is at the disposal of our customers and has equipment for most meat production processes.
With us, your company can get help with the production of most types of meat products such as sausages, mincemeat, ham, bacon and cured meats. Our work also include the conversion and use of rest raw materials.
We can help your company with the production of most types of meat products such as sausages, mincemeat, ham, bacon and cured meats.
Your company can collaborate with scientists and experts to acquire more knowledge about raw materials, production hygiene, shelf life and storage.
- Food processors, 10–65 litres with precise control functions
- Micro-cutter for emulsions
- Mixers, 5–80 litres w/ vacuum
- Sausage stuffers
- Shaping machine for cake products
- Tunnel ovens and other baking equipment
- Machines for injecting brine, with different needle thicknesses
- Cooking/smoking cabinets and climate cabinets
- Cooling and freezer rooms for controlled storage
- Spectroscopic instruments for direct in-line measurement of chemical contents, meat quality and temperature, including NIR and Raman spectroscopy as well as hand-held instruments
In addition to research projects, we can help with:
- Product development
- Production improvements
- Test/pilot production
- Quality measurement methods
- Sensory testing
- Courses and seminars
Questions and enquiries
Food pilot plant
Together with NBMU, we offer first-class facilities for research, education and product development of food and residual raw materials.
The food pilot consists of a number of processing halls where researchers, students and companies can test, among other things, new technology and packaging solutions as well as new combinations of raw materials.
Read more about Food pilot plant.