Below is a sample of the services we can provide.
- We have broad knowledge of food packaging, and can undertake specific projects to test packaging, etc.
- We can assist in connection with documentation and compliance with regulations for food-grade packaging.
- We have insights into industrial procurement behaviour and consumer behaviour.
- We have developed methods for generating consumer insights and combining them with sensory knowledge.
- We offer statistical software (ConsumerCheck) for analysing consumer data.
- We can facilitate innovation processes (through “Design Thinking”, open innovation and future scenarios).
Chemical, biological and microbiological analyses and measurements
- Analyses of protein and nitrogen compounds.
- Analyses of fats and oils.
- Pigment analyses.
- Microbiological analyses of feed and foodstuffs.
- Physical measurements.
- Mineral analyses.
Courses and advice
- We offer courses in relevant areas that we research, including within the local food programmes.
- We offer a service where one or more researchers/advisers can visit the company to get advice on production methods, quality, shelf life, etc.
Quality and risk assessments
- We have broad knowledge of raw material and product quality, and we can offer specific services to industry by agreement.
- We have broad knowledge of risk assessments and food safety/durability, and offer related services.
- We offer services related to measuring the quality and durability of seafood products, as well as describing processes and products for foods of marine origin.
- We understand the important markets for Norwegian seafood.
- We offer advice on sustainability and eco-labelling.
- We offer prototype and/or concept development services.
- We have experts in baked goods, meat products and food preparation and can offer services to industry.
- We carry out analysis assignments using Nofima’s trained assessors in the sensory laboratory.
- We offer advice and training for sensory panels, panel management and the use of relevant software.
We implement in-vivo and in-vitro infection models in fish with bacteria, viruses and parasites.
- We have pilot factories for the production of commercial products for food (Biotep) and feed (ATC).
- We have processing equipment that companies can use to test new production methods or improve existing processes.
- We can test new equipment and technology for aquaculture and the fisheries industry.
We can test aquaculture equipment to investigate its biological effects on fish.
Economic, profitability and ripple effect analyses
- We conduct business economic analyses of the seafood industry, including profitability factors and ripple effect analyses.
- We offer these types of analyses to customers who need more specific and detailed analyses. These could be analyses of a specific region, parts of a value chain and/or a specific period of time.