What characterizes the markets for live snow crab and king crab? Industrial marketing was this project's primary focus.
10. Sep 2015
31. Mar 2018
Regional Research Fund Northern Norway RFF
University of Stirling
The project goal was to strengthen Nofima’s research competence within industrial marketing and strengthening the market orientation of northern Norwegian seafood industry.
Live snow crab and king crab were used for the case study, focusing on the South Korean and U.S. market.
Results and presentations
- Presentation: Optimalisering av Norges nye ressurs – snøkrabben
- Presentation: Salg av levende krabbe – et markedsinnblikk
- Debate article: Vi velger norsk snøkrabbe fordi den er billigst
- Blog: Norsk krabbe “over there”
- Presentation: The secrets of King Crab and Snow Crab in Asia – A peak into the South-Korean and Japanese markets
- Presentation: Market Orientation in small companies with limited resources – the case of crab export to South-Korea
- Scientific article: Current status of the Red King Crab (Paralithodes camtchaticus) and Snow Crab (Chionoecetes opilio) industries in Norway
- Presentation: Snøkrabbe – Norges nye gullgruve?
- Article: Levende krabbe i Sør-Korea
- Article: En ny ressurs – snøkrabbe
- Presentation: Brennhet snøkrabbe – fiske, forvaltning og marked
- Presentation: Extending the market orientation approach – the case of live seafood